EADN Working Papers
EADN supports research work on policypolicy-orienteds on East Asia. As part of its research capacity building objective, it particularly encourages young researchers. EADN activities include several research grants - resident fellowships, Regional Research projects and Individual Research Projects.
All completed research projects are to be published, mainly as EADN Working Papers. Some of the research produced as results of these activities in the past have already been published as ISEAS/EADN Working Papers. They have now been reprinted as EADN Working Papers.
EADN Working Papers
118 (2017): Vanxay Sayavong, Productivity and Technical Inefficiency of Paddy Rice Production in Laos: A Case Study of Farm Household Survey
117 (2017): Audrey Soedjito, Does Monetary Policy Influence Inflation, Economic Growth and Income Inequality in Indonesia?
115 (2017): Nguyen Thi Diu, Regional Legal Framework for Good Cooperation on Trans-boundary Water Resources in the Mekong River Basin
114 (2017): Gaik Cheng Khoo, The Globalizing Hansik Campaign: A Malaysian Critique
113 (2017): Pregamol Rutchanagul, Thai Street Adolescents' Sexual and Reproductive Health Status, Service Needs, and Perceived Barriers to Health Services
112 (2017): Sherwin Joseph C. Felicidario, Ma. Stella C. Tirol, Trina Leah T. Mendoza, and Suguru Mizunoya, Delivery and Performance of Philippine Nonformal Education Service Providers for Agriculture and Natural Resource Management.
111 (2017): Mark Lester M. Chico, Benjamina Paula G. Flor, and Juvy Leonarda N. Gopela, Community Media for Social Transformation: The Missing Link for Climate Change Resilience
- 110 (2017): Mary Ann M. Dela Vega, Rey G. Tantiado, Calajunan Dumpsite Valuation: Implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction Management and Climate Change Adaptation
- 109 (2017): Agustinus Hermino, An Assessment of the Papua Peace Education Program in Primary Schools in the Central Highlands, Papua
- 108 (2017): Nguyen Thi Thuy Trang, Nguyen Thi Kim Dung, Nguyen Thi Hoang Yen, Ha Thi Thu Thuy, Impact of FDI on income inequality in Vietnam: Empirical Analysis
- 107 (2017): Muhammad Halley Yudhistira, Witri Indriyani, Teguh Dartanto, Andhika Putra Pratama, Yusuf Sofiandi, Yusuf Reza Kurniawan, Investigation on The Roles of Transportation Network in Shaping Urban Spatial Structure in the Jakarta Metropolitan Area (JMA)
106 (2017): Shandy J. Matitaputty, Angelina Ika Rahutami, Does the Feminization of Poverty Really Occur in Indonesia? A Critical Analysis of Gender and Development
105 (2017): Nguyen Thi Thanh Binh, Social Change under Urbanization Process of a Tay Ethnic Commune in Vietnam’s Northeast Mountainous Area
104 (2017): Edna Luisa A. Matienzo, Tiemtip Kitibut, Assessing the Social Dimension of Organic Agriculture to Enhance Resilience of Women to Climate Change in Tayabas, Quezon Province, Philippines and Sansai, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
103 (2017): Rahmah Ismail, Idris Jajri, Poo Be Tin, ASEAN-3-Malaysia International Migration and Real Wage Convergence
102 (2017): Le Phuong Hoa, Nguyen Huy Hoang, Nguyen Tuan Anh, Regional Income Divergence in Vietnam since the Economic Reforms
101 (2017): Yang Hongen, Wang Jing, Liu Zhilin, Policy Competition for FDI and Its Real Effect: Based on a Survey in Six Provinces in Central China
100 (2017): Rosa Kristiadi, The Impact of Global Economic Volatility on the Size of Portfolio Investment in ASEAN-5
99 (2017): Nguyen Minh Tam, Nguyen Hoang Lan, Christopher Doran, Hue Tran, Peter Hill, Identifying Cost-Effective Interventions to reduce Drunk Driving Incidences in Vietnam
- 98 (2016): Fitriya Fauzi, Abdul Basyith, M. Idris, PhD Small business financing and microfinance: Evidence from South Sumatera, Indonesia
- 97 (2016): Miguel Roberto V. Borromeo, Christopher James R. Cabuay, Maria Francesca D. Tomaliwan, Tereso S. Tullao, Jr., PhD Do International Remittances Encourage Participation in School and in the Labor Force?
- 96 (2016): Nguyen Huy Hoang, Environmental Degradation and Household Welfare: The Case of Moc Chau District, Son La Province, Viet Nam
- 95 (2016): 95 (2016): Ha Thi Tran, Loi Duy Nguyen, Binh Giang and Nguyen Le Thi Minh Vo, Energy Consumption and Economic Development: Granger Causality Analysis for Vietnam
- 94 (2016): Devanto Shasta Pratomo
- 93 (2016): Umi Karomah Yaumidin, Putri Irma Yuniarti, Diah Setiari Suhodo, Achsanah Hidayatin, Financial Inclusion for Women: Impact Evaluation on Islamic Microfinance to Women’s Empowerment in Indonesia
- 92 (2016): Nguyen Mau Dung, Contract Farming and Enforcement in Vietnam: A Case Study Of The Pineapple Production Contract Between Farm Households And The Dong Giao Agro-Processing Company In Ninh Binh Province
- 91 (2016): Yos Chanthana, Chap Sopanha, Hong Sineath, Khen Kim, Nhoek Malis, Om Thanara and Pov Lalin, Understanding Women’s Roles, Demands, and Perceptions for their Empowerment in the Informal Economy of Cambodia
- 90 (2016): Sun Sanbai, Chunhua Wang, Migration, Welfare Improvement and Urban Development in China
- 89 (2015): Johannes Parlindungan, Dian Kusuma Wardhani, Chairul Maulidi, The Role of Urban Public Space in Developing Social Network of Fast Growing City: The Integrated Approach of Urban Design and Behavior Study
- 88 (2015): Le Van Su, Le Trung Thong and Nguyen Thanh Tuan, Shortcomings in Procedures for Land Acquisition and Compensation – Actual Case in Hanoi’s Urbanized Outskirts Areas and Policy Recommendations
- 87 (2015): George Manzano and Kristine Joy Martin, Implications of a Philippines-United States Free Trade Agreement on Trade in Goods: An Indicator Approach
- 86 (2015): Nguyen Thi Viet Hoa and Cao Thi Hong Vinh, Nguyen Thi Viet Hoa and Cao Thi Hong Vinh, The Impact of Institutional Quality on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Inflows to Vietnam
- 85 (2014): Hilmayati Safitri, Debottlenecking Principle in Indonesia’s Economic Corridor (IEC) Policy
- 84 (2014): Nguyen Duy Loi, Nguyen Binh Giang, Tran Thi Ha, Vo Thi Minh Le and Nguyen Dinh Ngan, Employment, Earnings and Social Protection for Female Workers in Vietnam’s Informal Sector
- 83 (2014): Hermeindito, Agency Problem and Residual Loss: A New Approach in Assessing Firm Value Dilution
- 82 (2014): Yi Ate, Khin Thida Nyein, Le Le Wai, Thapye Nyo, Tin Htoo Naing, Enhancing Agricultural Productivity and Profitability in Myanmar
- 81 (2014): Jamil Paolo Francisco, Property Damage Recovery and Coping Behavior of Households Affected by an Extreme Flood Event in Marikina City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- 80 (2014): Zhongyuan Zhang, Financial Development, Foreign Direct Investment, and Investment Allocation in China
- 79 (2014): Jiangyong Lu, Nan Jia and Seong-jin Choi, Institutional Environments and Firm Capabilities as Determinants of Corporate Political Activities: A Cross-Country Study
- 78 (2014): Piriya Pholphirul and Veera Bhatiasevi, IT Investment and Constraints in Developing Countries: Evidence from Thai Manufacturers
- 77 (2014): Fayrene Chieng, Pauline Ho and Chai Lee Goi, The Influence of Macroenvironment Forces on Road Transport Sustainability: The Case of Malaysia
- 76 (2014): Zhiming Cheng, Junhua Chen and Yeqing Huang, The New Generation of Migrant Workers in Urban China
- 75 (2014): Rongyan Wang, Trade Pattern of Production Network in East Asia: Based on the Analysis of China’s Final Goods Exports
- 74 (2014): Phouphet Kyophilavong, Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR
- 73 (2013): Pungpond Rukumnuaykit, Urbanization, Poverty, and Subjective Well-being: Empirical Evidence from Thailand
- 72 (2013): Shahida Shahimi, Hafizi Ab Majid and Mohd Hafizuddin Syah Bangaan Abdullah, Predicting Probability of Defaults: A Case Study of the Malaysian Sukuk Market
- 71 (2013): Adrian Boyett D. Agbon, Fiscalina Amadora-Nolasco, Elmira Judy T. Aguilar, Rhoderick John S. Abellanosa and Lauren Ligaton, Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps): Examining Gaps and Enhancing Strategies in Cebu City Philippines
- 70 (2013): Rossazana Ab-Rahim, Dyg-Affizzah Awg-Marikan and Nor-Ghani Md-Nor, The Relationship between Competition and Efficiency in Southeast Asian Banking Markets
- 69 (2013): Dwi Any Marsiyanti, The Impact of Social Movement on the Socioeconomic Security of Peasants in Indonesia
- 68 (2013): Arief A. Yusuf, Ahmad Komarulzaman and M. Purnagunawan, Growth, Poverty, and Labor Market Rigidity in Indonesia: A General Equilibrium Investigation
- 67 (2013): Chaiyasit Anuchitworawong, Linkages between Firm Productivity, Financial Development, Inequality and Economic Development in the Provinces of Thailand
- 66 (2013): Hoang Thi Le Thao, Hoang Phuong Mai, Ta Huu Duc, Pham Thi Cam Van, Dang Thi Hoa, Luong Ngoc Anh & Nguyen Thi Tam, Food Security Among Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam: A Case Study on Coping with Food Shortage among the Hmong people in Sa Phin and Ta Phin Communes, Dong Van District, Ha Giang Province, Vietnam
- 65 (2013): Angelina Ika Rahutami, MG. Westri Kekalih S and Ignatius Supriyanto, Harnessing Indigenous and External Agricultural Knowledge Systems Toward an Indonesian Economic Corridor
- 64 (2013): Trinh Quang Long, Tran Binh Minh, Nguyen Cong Manh and Vo Tri Thanh, Farm Households’ Willingness to Pay for Crop (Micro) Insurance in Rural Vietnam: An Investigation using Contingent Valuation Method
- 63 (2012): Noemi Alindogan Medina, The Culture of Patriarchy and its Effects on the Human Rights of Girl-Children in Cagayan De Oro and Claveria, Misamis Oriental: Implications to Policy Formulation
- 62 (2012): Pham Minh Nguyet and Nguyen Thi Hong Hanh, Growth, Inequality, and Poverty in Viet Nam, 1993-2008
- 61 (2012): Xie Jingren, Qu Ting, Liu Yihong, Li Hanqiu, Xie Xiaojun, Liao Zhuoxian, Chen Lv, Huang Yongzhong, Liu Xinrong, Building Public Service System in the People’s Republic of China’s Rural Communities: A Case Study of Y County in Hunan Province
- 60 (2012): Ekoningtyas Margu Wardani and Muyanja Ssenyonga, The Impact of the Soaring Food Prices on Food Security and Poverty in Indonesia
- 59 (2012): Jiangyong Lu, Returnee Entrepreneurs and Knowledge Spillovers in Emerging Economies: Evidence from China
- 58 (2012): Dr. Ngo Duc Anh and Dr. Phan Thi Thu Ha, The Use of Medical Abortion in Vietnam: Facilitators, Barriers, and Contexts
- 57 (2012): Chin Hee Hahn, Learning-by-exporting and Introduction of New Products: Evidence from Plant-Product Data on Korean Manufacturing
- 56 (2012): Dilaka Lathapipat, The Influence of Family Wealth on the Educational Attainments of Youths in Thailand
- 55 (2012): Laksmi Yustika Devi et al., The Impact of Government Debt Issuance on Lending Rate in ASEAN-5 Countries
- 54 (2012): Rosalie Arcala Hall, Camouflage and Tandong: Identity Construction Among Muslim Women in the Philippine Army and Police
- 53 (2012): Daekeun Park and Inseok Shin, What Hinders Cross-Border Portfolio Investment in Asia
- 52 (2012): Piriya Pholphirul, Immigration, Job Vacancies, and employment Dynamics: Evidence from Thai Manufacturers
- 51 (2012): Nguyen Hong Nhung et al., Improving Labor Skills of the Traditional Craft Villages in the Red River Delta of Viet Nam: The Case of Son Dong Art Village
- 50 (2012): Boontham Rajitpinyolert and Kanokwan Chancharoenchai, Macro Stress Testing through Sectoral Macrofinancial Risk Framework
- 49 (2012): Ho Poh Ling and Goi Chai Lee, Enhancing Corporate Governance Structure for Greater Voluntary Disclosure: Malaysian Evidence
- 48 (2011): Tong Kimsun, Analyzing Chronic Poverty in Cambodia: Evidence from Panel Data
- 47 (2010): Nguyen Mau Dung, Farmers' Coping Strategies for Sustainable Livelihood Under the Impacts of Industrialization Projects in Rural Area: A Case Study of Van Duong Commune in Red River Delta of Vietnam
- 46(2009): Telisa Aulia Falianty, Mapping East Asia Competitiveness in Monetary and Real Sector
- 45(2009): Dionisius A. Narjoko, Taking Another View on the Role of Multinationals in Industrialisation: An Indonesian Experience
- 44(2009): Wang Zili, Inheriting and Developing: A Performance Analysis of the Effects of Rural Tourism on the Change of Local Residents’ Concept and the Research on Supporting Policies under the Background of Building a New Socialist Countryside (Statistics of Questionnaire 1, 2 and 3)
- 43(2009): Lu Jiangyong, FDI, Export, and Productivity of Chinese Manufacturing Enterprises
- 42(2009): Qing Mu, The Chinese Universities' Experience of Forging Links with Industrial Firms: A Comparative Study of Beijing and Shanghai
- 41(2009): Nguyen Phuong Le, Development of Craft Making Industry: Changing the Patterns of Women's Spatial Mobility: A Case Study in Traditional Craft Making Village, Northern Vietnam
- 40(2009): Ruzita Mohd Amin, Zarina Hamid, Norma MD Saad, Economic Integration among ASEAN Countries: Evidence from Gravity Model
- 39(2009): Carlos Bautista, Analyzing Economic Fluctuations in East Asian Economies
- 38 (2009): Nguyen Van Suu, Industrialization and Urbanization in Vietnam: How Appropriation of Agricultural Land Use Rights Transformed Farmers’ Livelihoods in a Peri-Urban Hanoi Village?
- 37 (2008): Tereso S. Tullao, The Impact of Temporary Labor Migration on the Demand for Education: Implications on the Human Resource Development in the Philippines
- 36 (2008): Xuehui An, Education Governance and Children’s Education Outcome in Rural China
- 35 (2008): Ngo Huy Duc, Vietnam: The Effect of Grassroots Democratic Regulations on Commune Government Performance and Its Practical Implications
- 34 (2007): Eduardus Tandelilin, Hermeindito Kaaro, Putu Anom Mahadwartha, Supriyatna, Corporate Governance, Risk Management, and Bank Performance: Does Type of Ownership Matter?
- 33 (2007): Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista, Dennis Mapa, The Linkages between Trade and Financial Integration and Output Volatility in East Asia
- 32 (2007): Truong Dong Loc, Nguyen Huu Dang, Nguyen Van Ngan, Equitization and Firm Performance: The Case of Vietnam
- 31 (2007): Peter Lee U, Cid L. Terosa, Ferdinand C. Maquito, The Philippine Economic Zones: Catalysts for Shared Growth?
- 30 (2007): Renuka Mahadevan and Mansor Ibrahim, Competitiveness and Workforce Status in the Malaysian Micro-Electronics Sector
- 29 (2006): Pham Chi Quang, Vo Tri Thanh, Tran Sy Manh, Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Vietnam: A VAR Approach in The Period of 1990-2004
- 28 (2004): Rongxing Guo, Cross-Border Resource Management: Theory and Practice (Figures and Tables)
- 27 (2004): Zhiping Gong et al, Study on Feasibility of Setting up DRG Payment in China
- 26 (2004): Do Hoang Toan et al, Impact of Government Policies on the Development of Private Small and Medium Size Enterprises (PSMEs) in Vietnam
- 25 (2003): Caesar B. Cororaton, Analyzing the Impact of Trade Reforms on Welfare and Income Distribution Using CGE Framework: The Case of the Philippines (SAM)
- 24 (2003): Yuan Changhai et al, Causes of STD Patients go to Non-Regularized STD Clinics and their Expectations on Hospital Service Model Changes
- 23 (2003): Vu Xuan Nguyet Hong et al, Multinational Corporations and the Environment in Vietnam: Policy Responses
- 22 (2003): Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista and Carlos C. Bautista, The Nexus of Monetary and Exchange Rate Policy in the Post-Asian Crisis Period: Have the Lessons Been Learned?
- 21 (2003): Hong-kin Kwok and Cheung Richard Lam, The Care-Giving Role of the Sandwich Generation in Coping with their Elderly Parents in Hong Kong: The Trends and Their Policy Implications
- 20 (2003): Armida S. Alisjahbana et al, Measuring Sustainable Development in Indonesia: Genuine Savings and Changes in Wealth Per Capita
- 19 (2003): Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, Yose Rizal Damuri and Ari A. Perdana, The Impact of Fiscal Policies on Income Distribution and Poverty: A Computable General Equilibrium Approach for Indonesia
- 18 (2002): Vo TriThanh et al, Exchange Rate Arrangement in Vietnam: Information Content and Policy Options
- 17 (2002): Tang Jie and Mao Yushi, Mission Greening: Strengthening Market Forces to Develop Commercial Forests in China
- 16(2002): Soyoung Kim, Sunghyun H. Kim and Yunjong Wang, Capital Account Liberalization and Macroeconomic Performance : The Case of Korea, June 2002
- 15 (2002): Chin-Hee Hahn and Sung Wook Joh, Micro Dynamics of Entry, Exit, and Productivity Growth : Evidence from Korean Manufacturing Plants, June 2002
- 14 (2001): Ammar Siamwalla, Markets and Economic Growth in East Asia, December 2001.
- 13 (2001): Chin Hee Hahn and Jong-il Kim, Sources of East Asian Growth: Some Evidence from Cross-country Studies, December 2001.
- 12 (2001): Medhi Krongkaew, The Political Economy of Growth in Developing East Asia, December 2001.
- 11 (2001): Ari Kuncoro, Microeconomic Determinants of Economic Growth in East Asia, December 2001.
- 10 (2001): Vo Tri Thanh, Dinh Hien Minh, Do Thu Huong and Nguyen Thi Hong, The Sustainability of the Current Account Deficit and External Debt in Vietnam, December 2001.
- 9 (2001): Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan and Haryo Aswicahyono, Gender Assessment of the Indonesian Labour Market, December 2001.
8(2001): Akhmad Bayhaqi, Education and Macroeconomic Performance in Indonesia: A Comparison with Other ASEAN Economies, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 13(2000)
7(2001): Tracy Yang Su-Chin, Regulatory Reforms in the Asia-Pacific Region: A Preliminary Study, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 12(2000)
6 (2001): Doan Phuong Lan, The Asian Financial Crisis and its Implication for Vietnam's Financial System, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 11 (2000).
5(2001): Wang Xiaomin, Zhongguancun Science Park: A SWOT Analysis, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 10 (2000).
4(2001): Liliana Halim, Reviving the Indonesian Banking Sector? Indonesia's Economic Crisis: Impact on Financial and Corporate Sectors 1997-1999, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 7 (2000).
- 3(2001): Gao Haihong, Liberalising China's Capital Account: Lessons Drawn From Thailand's Experience, November 2001. Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 6 (2000).
2(2001): Le Minh Tam, Reforming Vietnam's Banking System: Learning from Singapore's Model, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers Series No. 5 (2000)
1(2001): Thawatchai Jittrapanun, The SIMEX Experience: Implications for Thailand's Futures Exchange, November 2001.
Previously published as ISEAS Working Paper, Visiting Researchers SerieNo. 4 (2000).